Banana Cake and Frosting
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 pound(s) butter softened
- 1-1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3 whole(s) eggs
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3 banana ripe and mash with fork
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and sour cream. Mix well after each additition.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and bananas. (Optional can add 1 to 2 cups walnuts to taste).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes in a buttered bunt pan to prevent sticking.
- Also can convert banana cake to cupcakes. Spoon batter into 18 paper-lined muffin cups filling two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick in center of cupcake and done when toothpick is dry.
- After cooling sprinkle with powered sugar or the following for more calories, but so good: Vanilla frosting. Ingredients- 3 3/4 cups confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 4-6 tablespoons milk, and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- In a large bowl, with mixer at low speed, combine confectioners sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed 2-3 minutes until creamy. Can add more milk to make frosting creamier.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DorothyHarrsch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana Cake and Frosting Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings