Banana Butter Rum "I Scream" Open-Faced Sandwiches
When you're looking for something different for dessert, this recipe is the answer. Rum-glazed bananas and vanilla ice cream are served over homemade banana-pecan waffles. We highly recommend giving these waffles a try, but store-bought waffle bowls will work in a pinch.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix*
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 6 bananas, cut in half lengthwise then crosswise
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine 2 mashed bananas and next 4 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring with a wire whisk until moistened. Stir in 1/4 cup pecans.
- Cook in a preheated, oiled waffle iron until golden.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add brown sugar and 2/3 cup pecans. Cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until bubbly. Add 6 bananas; cook 3 minutes or until bananas are tender. Remove from heat.
- Heat rum in a small saucepan over medium heat until warm (do not boil). Pour rum over banana mixture, and immediately ignite with a long match. Let flames die down. Return to heat; simmer 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in vanilla.
- To serve, place 2 banana slices on each waffle; top with vanilla ice cream. Drizzle 2 tablespoons rum mixture over ice cream. Serve immediately.
- *For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick Original All-Purpose Baking Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This