Easy to make and delicious. I used cinnamon swirl sourdough bread, which really added to the taste.
Banana Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Try this recipe the next time you have a leftover French loaf; the texture of bread pudding is better with day-old bread. You can also use fat-free fudge topping in place of the caramel topping.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 297
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 57.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 265mg
- Calcium: 92mg
- 1/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed French bread (about 2 (1-ounce) slices)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 banana)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free caramel topping
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, and stir with a whisk. Place 1/2 cup bread cubes into each of 2 (8-ounce) ramekins coated with cooking spray. Spoon 2 tablespoons milk mixture over each serving, and top with 1/4 cup banana. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar. Repeat procedure with remaining bread and milk mixture. Chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until done. Spoon 1 tablespoon caramel sauce over each serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts