Banana Bread French Toast
Community Recipe from
- Thick (about two-inch) slices of banana bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Breakfast at home can be special without being complicated. I came up with this twist on French toast for a diner that I helped open outside Denver. Start with the slices of banana bread. Dried-out is better. Beat the eggs, milk, and cinnamon until well combined. In a nonstick skillet, heat the butter until barely foamy. Thoroughly coat the bread with the egg mixture (dripping off excess), add to the pan, and cook about two minutes on each side. Meanwhile, warm some maple syrup with the vanilla bean — throw the seeds and the bean in with the syrup. Top with a big spoonful of lemon sour cream — the cool tartness will balance the sugar.
- Read more: http://www.esquire.com/features/guy-food/french-toast-recipe-ll-0309#ixzz1rHrVWnLy
This recipe is a personal recipe added by caroveys and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana Bread French Toast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes