This is a really good recipe, everyone likes it. The key to a good outcome is knowing the amount of time needed to bake and that depends on the pan. I use a pan that has 8 mini loaves (could probably use a cupcake pan). There is always a little batter left over that I put it in a small oven-safe ceramic bowl which yields a small round cake. Make sure your knife comes out clean when testing for doneness.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3-4 Ripe or Overripe Bananas
- 1 cup(s) Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) Melted Butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup(s) raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mash Bananas with a fork or in a mixer. Stir in other ingredients (batter should be consistently thick). Pour batter into well-greased and lightly-floured loaf pan. (I use a pan with 8 small loaf pans, like rectangle cup cake pan). Might be left over batter (can bake in a ceramic oven-safe bowl). Bake 30-60 min. depending on the pan, make sure you check with a knife until you learn the time needed with your pan, don't over bake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JeaniiH262 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note