Banana And Walnut Cake
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 bananas, peeled and chopped
- 4 ounce(s) butter or margarine
- 4 ounce(s) chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated nutmeg
- 4 ounce(s) light soft brown sugar
- 8 ounce(s) plain wholemeal flour
- soft brown sugar to decorate
- Line and grease a deep 18cm round cake tin. Cream the butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs. Fold in the flour, baking powder and nutmeg. Carefully fold in the bananas and walnuts.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, level the top and bake in a 180C oven for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn out on to a wire rack, sprinkle the top with soft brown sugar and leave to cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bicki716 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note