Banana Almond Pancakes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) wheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick or rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk (or skim milk) (depending on whether you like thin or thick pancakes)
- 1 banana, diced
- Cooking spray for pan
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 banana, sliced
- In a bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, egg, cinnamon, and honey. Stir in the soy milk to the desired consistency. I like my pancakes to be neither too thin nor too thick, so I added 1 1/4 cups of soy milk. Stir in the bananas.
- Place a skillet on medium heat (I use a square-shaped griddle). After spraying the pan, pour batter into 4-inch diameter circles (using about 1/4 cup of batter).
- While the pancakes are cooking, hand chop the almonds on a cutting board with a sharp knife.
- Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them and cook for another minute or so on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve three pancakes with sliced bananas and chopped almonds. They're delicious like this, or for a sweeter breakfast, pour on two tablespoons of real maple syrup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bfogler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Banana Almond Pancakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch