Bamia: Meat & Okra Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 2 pound(s) Stew meat** or Lamb 1/2 in cubed
- 1 med Onion fine chop
- 4 clove(s) Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) Baharat
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 6 ounce(s) can Tomato Paste
- 12 cup(s) Water
- 28 ounce(s) canned Diced Tomatoes
- 2 pound(s) Okra
- In large saucepan brown the meat in the olive oil. Put meat aside.
- (If meat became too wet, wipe pan out with paper towel. Use additional
- T oil and bring back up to heat.)
- Add onion to pan.Saute till soft. 5 min. Add garlic. Saute 30 seconds.
- Add spices. Saute til aromatic, 30 seconds.
- Add tomato paste (with a little of the water) until well blended.
- Add back in the meat (its collected juice), the rest of the water, diced tomatoes and okra.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Partially cover. Cook 1 hour. Uncover and cook 1/2 hour more or until meat is tender and done.
- The sauce should thicken as it cooks. If not, add a bit of corn starch/water slurry.
- Serve over rice.
- ** John likes Beef Round Sirloin Tip Roast**
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MichelleM227 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bamia: Meat & Okra Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes