This is the best strawberry recipe ever! I followed it exactly except that I crumbled the cookies in the bottom of a cocktail glass, put in the ice cream, and topped with strawberries. My guests loved it. So easy and so good.
Run a butter knife or offset spatula along sides of the ice-cream cups for easy removal. Ice cream and cookies can be assembled a few hours ahead and placed in the freezer until ready to serve.
More From Southern Living
Stand Time: 2 Hours
- 1 (16-oz.) container fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 round shortbread cookies
- 8 (3-oz.) vanilla ice-cream cups
- Garnishes: chocolate curls, fresh basil sprigs
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; let stand 1 to 2 hours at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place shortbread cookies on individual servings plates. Remove ice cream from cups, and place on cookies. Spoon strawberry mixture over ice cream. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Walkers Shortbread Rounds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note