Balsamic-Rosemary Roasted Root Vegetables
Balsamic vinegar and rosemary lend a tasty twist to this contemporary classic. Beets generally take a few minutes longer to roast than other root vegetables, so slice them into smaller pieces to ensure all vegetables reach tenderness at the same time.
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 large parsnips, peeled, quartered, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 small beets, peeled, quartered, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 turnip, peeled, quartered, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled, quartered, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Add parsnip and next 4 ingredients; toss until vegetables are well coated. Add salt and pepper, and toss again. Place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Stir vegetables, and bake 15 more minutes or until slightly crisp and golden but tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note