I got the recipe from my son who made it for Thanksgiving. I have made it since and it is wonderful. I plan on fixing it to go with a ham dinner for Mother's Day.
Balsamic Root Vegetables
For a delicious twist, top with a sprinkling of cooked and crumbled bacon just before serving.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
4 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 pound parsnips
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 large red onions, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Peel first 3 ingredients, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Combine parsnips, carrots, onions, and cranberries in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker; layer sweet potatoes over top.
- 2. Whisk together sugar and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over vegetable mixture. (Do not stir.)
- 3. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Toss with parsley just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables