This recipe was easy to make and came together quickly. The colors on the table were beautiful and the different flavors complimented each other well. I thought this was a great addition to our Thanksgiving dinner especially because it is on the "lighter" side. Perfect!!!
Balsamic-Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1 (4-oz.) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped dried sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together first 5 ingredients and 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a small bowl.
- 2. Cut carrots and parsnips lengthwise into long, thin strips.
- 3. Whisk together brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and remaining 3 Tbsp. olive oil in a large bowl. Toss with carrots and parsnips, and place on a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and browned, stirring every 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and gently toss with feta cheese mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables