Photo: Becky Luigart Stayner
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 26 Minutes
- 4 1/2 cups unpeeled and diced plums (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (1.75-oz.) package powdered fruit pectin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1. Stir together all ingredients except basil in a 4-qt. microwave-safe glass bowl.
- 2. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes (mixture will boil). Stir mixture, and microwave at HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. (You're going for the viscosity of pancake syrup here. The mixture will thicken to soft-set preserves after it cools and chills.) Stir basil into warm preserves. Cool mixture completely (about 2 hours). Serve immediately, or cover and chill preserves in an airtight container until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This