Balsamic Orange Glazed Chicken with Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (about 2 pounds) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup(s) orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/8 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnishing polenta
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water or chicken broth, plus more for thinning
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) polenta
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 ounce(s) goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a large pan, heat the extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high to high heat.
- 2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and brown for 5 minutes, then turn and sprinkle with rosemary. Cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- 3. In a small bowl, stir together the orange marmalade, balsamic vinegar and chicken broth. Pour over the chicken. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, turning the chicken once or twice to make sure the glaze gets coated all around.
- 4. While the sauce thickens, make the polenta. Bring water or chicken stock and milk to a boil in a medium size pot. Whisk in polenta and cook 2-3 minutes until thickened. Stir in butter and goat cheese, season with salt and pepper.
- 5. To serve: assemble the polenta in a shallow bowl or plate, top with chicken, and spoon more glaze over top if desired. Garnish with chopped parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note