So tasty! Make sure you see the cheese melting before you take it off the grill. Excellent!
Balsamic Onion Stacks
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Grill: 7 Minutes
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) sweet onion slices (about 3 onions)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) rounds
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) fresh tomato slices (about 2 tomatoes)
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- Arrange onion slices in a single layer in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stir together vinegar and next 4 ingredients. Pour over onion slices. Cover and chill 8 hours, turning once.
- Remove onions from dressing with a slotted spatula, reserving dressing.
- Grill onion slices, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 2 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender and golden.
- Layer half of grilled onion slices each with 1 cheese round, 2 basil leaves, and 1 tomato slice; top with remaining half of onion slices.
- Grill onion stacks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve onion stacks with reserved dressing. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables