Balsamic-Marinated Steak With Charred Radicchio
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes; Stand: 15 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 toast, 3 ounces meat, and 3/4 cup vegetables)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 235
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 158mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 10 ounce skirt steak, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves (2 cloves finely chopped and 1 halved)
- 1 large red onion, cut into 10 wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 pint (10 ounces) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup torn radicchio (2 ounces)
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- 1. Marinate steak in 2 tablespoons vinegar and chopped garlic 15 minutes at room temperature. In a separate bowl, combine onion and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- 2. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade, and cook steak 2 minutes. Transfer with tongs to plate; cover.
- 3. Add onion to wok, and cook 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Transfer to plate with a slotted spoon; cover.
- 4. Add tomatoes to wok; cook 2 minutes. Add reserved marinade; bring to a boil. Add radicchio and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar; remove from heat.
- 5. Rub toasts with cut sides of remaining garlic clove until fragrant. Top each with steak and vegetables. Garnish with rosemary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This