This balsamic-marinated chicken dish is perfect for easy entertaining. Just marinate and brown the chicken ahead of time, then pop it in the oven just before guests arrive. While the chicken bakes, you can slice fresh oranges or pluck a few sprigs of rosemary for a garnish.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients and 1 teaspoon salt in a zip-top plastic freezer bag or large shallow dish, and add chicken. Seal or cover, and chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle evenly with pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Heat a large ungreased cast-iron skillet or grill skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook chicken, in batches, in hot skillet 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned. Place chicken in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note