Delicious! Made it tonight in our grill basket, without the fennel or mushrooms -only because I did not have them on hand. We used baby zucchini, uncut, which got a little overdone, but the fresh off the vine cherry tomatoes were a flavorful burst in the mouth. I grated a little pecorino romano over the top when I served, but kept everything else the same. Will definitely make again, adding fennel.
Balsamic Grilled Veggies
More From Southern Living
Grill: 25 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14.4g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried or 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher or 1 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh mushrooms
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 small yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Stir together olive oil and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Rinse fennel thoroughly. Trim and discard root end of fennel bulb. Trim stalks from bulb, reserving fronds for another use. Cut bulb in half vertically, and remove core. Cut bulb into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 3. Toss fennel, onion, and mushrooms with half of olive oil mixture, and place in a grill wok or metal basket.
- 4. Grill, covered with grill lid, 10 minutes over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Toss tomatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash with remaining olive oil mixture. Add to grill wok or basket. Grill, covered with grill lid, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note