These were excellent! I wish I had doubled the recipe.
Balsamic Green Beans
Add a special twist to ordinary green beans by tossing in a balsamic mixture. This quick side is a great addition to chicken or pork.
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound tiny green beans (haricots verts), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge green beans into ice water to stop the cooking process, and drain.
- 2. Stir together vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard until smooth.
- 3. Cook shallots in hot oil in skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 1 minute or until tender. Stir in vinegar mixture, salt, and pepper. Add green beans; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note