This is an awesome recipe with a couple minor adjustments: I use a raspberry flavored balsamic (found at Wal-Mart) and I use about 1/8 c of chopped walnuts instead of the oil. Sweet, crunchy, and flavorful (and best served cold). Great light snack or side, perfect for a picnic!
Balsamic and Grape Quinoa
We love the color and texture of red quinoa, but regular quinoa also works well.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 133mg
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 20 seedless red grapes, halved
- 1. Bring 1 2/3 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 12 minutes or until quinoa is tender; drain. Place quinoa in a bowl. Add parsley, vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, and grapes, stirring to combine.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note