I made this without adding the parsley as I am not a huge fan of parsley. I used tri-color quinoa and I tried it after everything was combined and the balsamic was a little strong. So I had it chilled for lunch the next day. It was tasty, but would be better as a side. I will make this again.
Balsamic and Grape Quinoa
We love the color and texture of red quinoa, but regular quinoa also works well.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 133mg
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 20 seedless red grapes, halved
- 1. Bring 1 2/3 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 12 minutes or until quinoa is tender; drain. Place quinoa in a bowl. Add parsley, vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, and grapes, stirring to combine.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine