This was easy and so delicious. I would definitely double the spices for the rub, I added a little salt to the polenta, and added steamed asparagus. Will definitely add this to my regular rotation.
Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops and Polenta
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 408
- Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated fat: 7.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 29.7g
- Carbohydrate: 34.2g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 685mg
- Calcium: 218mg
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked polenta
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut pork chops, trimmed
- 1. Bring 2 cups milk and broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add polenta. Cook for 20 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring frequently with a whisk; remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese. Keep warm.
- 2. Place vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half (about 5 minutes).
- 3. Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic; rub mixture over pork. Place pork in pan; cook for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness, basting with vinegar. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with polenta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note