Good recipe for a Christmas or Thanksgiving accompaniment. Fast to cook, but peeling onions takes about 30 min.
Balsamic-Glazed Green Beans and Pearl Onions
More From Cooking Light
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 56
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 149mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 1 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 6 ounces red pearl onions, halved lengthwise and peeled
- 1/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Place beans into a large saucepan of boiling water; cook 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well. Place beans in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add broth, vinegar, and sugar; bring to a boil. Simmer 3 minutes or until syrupy. Add beans, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note