we made this dish exactly per the recipe. Even with beans and potatoes. excellent.
Balsamic-Glazed Filet Mignon
Pair steak with classic sides like mashed potatoes and steamed green beans. This menu comes together easily, but is sophisticated enough to share with guests.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 215
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 4.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 406mg
- Calcium: 9.7mg
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks evenly with salt and black pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; keep warm.
- Add garlic and red pepper to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add sherry to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 30 seconds. Add soy sauce and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, and cook 1 minute. Serve with steaks.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note