Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Tenders
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 small orange
- 2/3 cup(s) cinnamon applesauce
- 1/4 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cardamom or 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pound(s) chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- fresh thyme sprigs
- 1. Finely shred peel from orange; set aside. Juice orange. In a medium saucepan combine applesauce, vinegar, cardamom, juice from the orange, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- 2. Season chicken lightly with salt and black pepper. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown on bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken and add 1/2 cup of the applesauce mixture to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 3. To serve, top chicken with some of the applesauce mixture, orange peel and fresh thyme. Pass remaining applesauce mixture. Makes 4 servings.
- Calories208 Total Fat (g)4 ,Carbohydrate (g)15, Protein (g)27
This recipe is a personal recipe added by margow2108 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Tenders Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes