This followed this recipe as directed and my husband and I enjoyed it very much. I served it with brown rice and broccoli. Next time, maybe I will marinade the chicken a bit before cooking, in order to increase flavor.
Balsamic-Garlic Chicken Breasts
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
- 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken, and keep warm.
- 3. Add chicken broth and next 4 ingredients to skillet, and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Serve chicken with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This