The whole family loved this dish, it was finished off in record time. Chicken was tender and sauce was spicy. I did not have the Knorr's mix so instead I mixed together 2 T. corn starch in 3/4 cup of cold milk along with said spices and added it at the time the recipe called for. Also the Balsamic amount was a little over powering, I think next time I will cut it down to only 2 T. for a little extra flavor.
Balsamic Garlic-and-Herb Chicken Thighs
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (1.6-ounce) envelope garlic-and-herb sauce mix
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (about 4)
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Brown half of chicken in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and oil, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add wine and vinegar to skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and green chiles and garlic-and-herb sauce mix until combined. Return chicken to skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 5 minutes or until done. Stir in 1/4 cup green onions. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Knorr Garlic Herb Sauce Mix, which can be found with the Italian sauce mixes in the pasta aisle of the grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This