- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (1.6-ounce) envelope garlic-and-herb sauce mix
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (about 4)
- Hot cooked egg noodles
How to Make It
Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
Brown half of chicken in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and oil, reserving drippings in skillet.
Add wine and vinegar to skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and green chiles and garlic-and-herb sauce mix until combined. Return chicken to skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 5 minutes or until done. Stir in 1/4 cup green onions. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Knorr Garlic Herb Sauce Mix, which can be found with the Italian sauce mixes in the pasta aisle of the grocery store.