We tried substituting regular balsamic vinegar for aged balsamic vinegar but found the taste too sharp and pungent.
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup fig preserves
- 1/3 cup port
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cognac (optional)
- 1. Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium, and simmer 6 to 7 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Remove from heat; stir in cognac, if desired. Serve warm.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Alessi 20-Year Balsamic Vinegar aged in wood.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note