Balsamic Feijoada Collard Greens
- 2 bunch(es) collard greens, washed, stems removed, cut into thin strips
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 piece(s) cooked bacon, cut into thin slices
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) Feijoada cooking liquid
- 3 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1. Using a dutch oven, saute shallots 3 minutes until softened.
- 2. Add garlic through salt, and 1/2 cup water.
- 3. Add greens and cover. Bring to a constant boil, stirring frequently to wilt all greens until liquid nearly evaporated.
- 4. Add Feijoada cooking liquid. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes until greens are softened.
- 5. Add vinegar and honey, simmer 5 minutes, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note