Balsamic Chicken Salad
Turn to Balsamic Chicken Salad for a light and tasty no-fuss dinner option. Leftovers become a second meal by rolling up a small serving of chicken salad into a wrap for lunch the next day!
More From Allyou
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Sodium: 809mg
- 3 zucchini (about 6 oz. each), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 head fennel (about 12 oz.), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small rotisserie chicken (about 2 lb.)
- 1 5-oz. container mixed salad greens
- 10 ounce cherry tomatoes (about 2 cups), halved
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives (2 oz.), each sliced in half lengthwise
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. Preheat grill to high. Toss sliced zucchini and fennel in 1 Tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill (in batches, if necessary) until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side for zucchini, 3 to 4 minutes per side for fennel. Remove from grill and let cool slightly. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 2. Remove skin from chicken, pull meat from bones and shred meat. In a large bowl, mix chicken with salad greens and grilled vegetables. Toss in tomatoes, olives, mozzarella and basil.
- 3. In another bowl, mix vinegar, sugar and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add remaining 3 Tbsp. olive oil, whisking to combine. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, toss and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note