Balsamic Chicken and White Bean Salad
Marinate: 2 Hours
Rest: 15 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried herbs, such as fines herbes, parsley, chives and tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless, thin-sliced chicken breast cutlets
- 1 small to medium red onion (4 ounces), cut into two 2-ounce, 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 2 large ribs celery, trimmed and cut crosswise into thin slices (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooked, no-salt-added cannellini beans (or a 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Blend or whisk together the balsamic and red wine vinegars, mustard, dried herbs, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Slowly blend or whisk in the oil. Taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed, adding vinegar if more bite is desired. Transfer to an airtight container.
- 2. Combine the chicken and 3 tablespoons of the dressing in a resealable plastic bag. Seal, and massage through the bag to evenly coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours. Refrigerate remaining dressing until ready to use.
- 3. Prepare the grill for direct heat. Lightly coat grill with oil.
- 4. Transfer the chicken to the hot grill along with the onion slices; cover the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on one side, until the top of the chicken starts to look cooked and the chicken and onions have grill marks on the bottom. Turn over the chicken and the onions and cook, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and the onions have grill marks on both sides. Transfer the chicken and onions to a platter to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5. Once the chicken has cooled, cut it into pieces similar in size to the cannellini beans, about 1 inch long and 1/3 inch thick. Cut the onion into 1/3-inch pieces.
- 6. Combine the chicken, onion, celery, cannellini beans, parsley and the remaining dressing in a large bowl; toss well to mix. Taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed. Serve right away, or refrigerate until ready to eat. Bring to room temperature before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note