Excellent and so easy! Also a great way to make brussel sprouts
Balsamic-Browned Butter Asparagus
The secret to browning butter without burning it is to use smell as a test for doneness--it should have a nutty aroma.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 4 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus.
- Arrange asparagus evenly on a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Bake asparagus at 400° for 15 minutes or just until tender.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until butter is lightly browned. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus, tossing to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note