Balsamic Baby Carrots
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Garnish: fresh Italian parsley sprig
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan; add carrots, return to a boil, and cook 4 minutes. Remove from heat; drain well.
- Sauté shallots and bell pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in carrots, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced and vegetables begin to glaze. Remove from heat; stir in chopped parsley. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables