Balsamic and Shallot Chicken Breasts from Cooking Light
This is from Chef James Boyce of The Cotton Row and Commerce Kitchen in Huntsville, Alabama. He remembers his father's chicken from weekly barbecues when he was a kid. This take amps up flavor with a balsamic reduction and cooks it stovetop for better control over doneness.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 (8 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped shallots
- 3 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 plum tomato seeded & chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped green onions
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with pepper and salt. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add two teaspoons olive oil to pan. Add chicken and cook 7 minutes, or until browned. Turn chicken over; cook 3 more minutes. Place chicken on a jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes, or until done.
- 3. Return the pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining oil, shallots, and garlic; saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tomato and tomato paste; saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add broth; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add vinegar; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 20 minutes or until reduced to 2/3 cup, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce with chicken. Sprinkle with green onions.
- CALORIES: 250 FAT: 4.6g (sat:0.9g, mono:2.2g, poly:0.8g) PROTEIN: 42.6g
- CARB: 6.9g FIBER: 0.4g CHOL: 105mg IRON: 1.8mg SODIUM: 372mg
- CALC: 39mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Balsamic and Shallot Chicken Breasts from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes