Instead of layering the honey and nut mixture between buttery layers of phyllo dough as you would do when making traditional baklava, here you spoon the mixture into mini phyllo tart shells. This is a great recipe for entertaining because your guests can pick these up with their fingers and not worry about making a mess.
More From Coastal Living
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed, or 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 2 teaspoons brandy or cognac
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 (1.9-ounce) packages mini phyllo tart shells (30 shells)
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients and cardamom, if desired, in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; strain and discard solids. Stir in brandy and nuts.
- 2. Arrange tart shells on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Divide nut mixture evenly among shells. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until pastry is golden. Store, uncovered, at room temperature until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note