Pretty good but was missing some zip. Next time I think I'll add more garlic and a little black pepper.
Baked Ziti with Shrimp and Scallops
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 508
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 43.3g
- Carbohydrate: 53.4g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 977mg
- Calcium: 388mg
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti (short tube-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- Combine hot water, roasted red bell peppers, and cream cheese in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add salt, shrimp, scallops, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp and scallops are almost done. Add pepper mixture to pan; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pasta and parsley to shrimp mixture, tossing well to combine. Spoon pasta mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until cheese melts; remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Return dish to oven; broil 2 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
Let the dish stand a few minutes after it emerges from the oven so the sauce can set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note