I have made this recipe several times now and my family loves it! I have two little ones that gobble it all up! I have made the recipe for neighbors and family occasions and everyone raves about it! Such a simple recipe, not requiring many ingredients, and tastes fantastic!
Baked Ziti with Broccoli and Sausage
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Lynn Miller
Yield: Serves 4
Cost per Serving: $1.63
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 50g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Sodium: 714mg
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces ziti
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli (about 1 large head), stems removed, florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 11-by-7-inch baking dish. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, stirring and breaking up meat, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Add butter and stir well. Sprinkle flour on top and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly pour in milk and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- 2. Add ziti to boiling water and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, then add broccoli and cook for 3 minutes. Drain ziti and broccoli in a colander and transfer to baking dish. Stir in sausage mixture.
- 3. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and bake until golden brown and mixture is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles