I call this comfort food and I love that it's a one-dish meal that's so easy to make. The whole family enjoyed it, as evidenced the by fact that it came close to serving three people, not six. It's delicious. You can read my full review at Taking On Magazines: http://bit.ly/1bRJb3A
Baked Ziti with Turkey and Pesto
Layers of pasta and cheese combine with ground turkey and pesto for this lasagna-type casserole of Baked Ziti with Turkey and Pesto.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 530
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Sodium: 905mg
- 8 ounces ziti (about 2 2/3 cups)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces ground turkey
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 cups grated mozzarella (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F; grease an 8-inch square dish. Cook ziti in boiling, salted water until almost al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 2. Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in turkey and sauté 1 minute. Mix in tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring, until thick, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan and pesto in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spread 1/2 of ziti in dish; top with 1/3 of sauce. Spread with ricotta mixture and cover with remaining ziti and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil. Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note