1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Prepare tomato sauce (see below)
3. Toss cooked ziti pasta with the tomato sauce, cubed mozzarella, half the Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and
4. Transfer the pasta to an oiled 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Cover the top of pasta with with the sliced mozzarella,
and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake until lightly browned and hot, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tomato Sauce preparation:
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until beginning to brown, about 3
2. Add the onion and garlic to saucepan. Stir until lightly browned, about 3 minutes more.
3. Add tomatoes and herb sprigs, bringing entire mixture to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
5. Use now (see above) or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
If you like your food a bit spicier, go with the spicy Italian sausage. I always do! If you can't find tomatoes in puree,
use a can of tomatoes (drained) with a separate can of puree. Sometimes its better to add a bit more puree than
the recipe calls for, otherwise its a bit dry. Enjoy!
Go to full version of