Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Cooked Ziti Pasta
- Kosher Salt
- 1 pound(s) Mozzarella Cheese half cut into 1/2 inch cubes and half thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) Parmesan Cheese divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground Pepper
- 1 pinch(s) Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoon(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound(s) Seet Italian Sausage casings removed and crumbled
- 3 tablespoon(s) Diced Onion
- 3 whole(s) Garlic Cloves chopped
- 3 1/2 cup(s) Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 sprig(s) Fresh Thyme
- 1 sprig(s) Fresh Basil
- 2 teaspoon(s) Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2. Prepare tomato sauce (see below)
- 3. Toss cooked ziti pasta with the tomato sauce, cubed mozzarella, half the Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and
- pepper flakes.
- 4. Transfer the pasta to an oiled 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Cover the top of pasta with with the sliced mozzarella,
- and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake until lightly browned and hot, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Tomato Sauce preparation:
- 1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until beginning to brown, about 3
- 2. Add the onion and garlic to saucepan. Stir until lightly browned, about 3 minutes more.
- 3. Add tomatoes and herb sprigs, bringing entire mixture to a boil.
- 4. Lower the heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Use now (see above) or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Cook's Notes
- If you like your food a bit spicier, go with the spicy Italian sausage. I always do! If you can't find tomatoes in puree,
- use a can of tomatoes (drained) with a separate can of puree. Sometimes its better to add a bit more puree than
- the recipe calls for, otherwise its a bit dry. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pmay25 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note