Baked Winter Vegetable Salad
- 2 medium-size red onions
- 2 beets, peeled
- 2 parsnips, peeled
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- Cut first 4 ingredients into 1-inch cubes. Line 2 (13- x 9-inch) baking pans with aluminum foil.
- Toss together onions, beets, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in one lined pan, and set aside.
- Toss together parsnips, squash, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and maple syrup in empty lined pan.
- Bake both pans at 350° for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, shielding with aluminum foil, if necessary, to avoid excessive browning.
- Combine all baked vegetables. Add salad greens, and toss. Arrange on a serving platter, and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This