Baked Whole Ham
- 1 (19- to 20-pound) fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Remove tough outer skin from ham; rinse ham with water. Place ham, fat side up, in a greased shallow roasting pan.
- Combine pepper and garlic salt; mix well. Rub surface of ham with pepper mixture.
- Combine sugar, apple juice, and cloves; mix well. Set aside.
- Bake ham, uncovered, at 300° for 4 hours and 45 minutes; baste every 30 minutes with sugar mixture. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes