Baked Whole Ham
- 1 (19- to 20-pound) fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Remove tough outer skin from ham; rinse ham with water. Place ham, fat side up, in a greased shallow roasting pan.
- Combine pepper and garlic salt; mix well. Rub surface of ham with pepper mixture.
- Combine sugar, apple juice, and cloves; mix well. Set aside.
- Bake ham, uncovered, at 300° for 4 hours and 45 minutes; baste every 30 minutes with sugar mixture. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This