Baked Vidalia Onions In Sherried Cream Sauce
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 large Vidalia onions, peeled, sliced, and parboiled
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2/3 cup sherry
- 2 (2.5-ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Place onions in a 12- x 8- x 2- inch baking dish, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add half-and-half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in sherry, mushrooms, pimiento, salt, and pepper; pour sauce over onions.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over top of sauce; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables