This recipe got only OK reviews from family and friends. Given the amount of effort to make it, I will probably not make it again.
Baked Vidalia Onion Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 large Vidalia onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together shredded Swiss cheese and next 5 ingredients; stir in onion, blending well. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, and let stand 10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
- To lighten: Substitute vegetable cooking spray for butter; substitute reduced-fat Swiss cheese and light mayonnaise.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers