Baked Vegetable Lasagna
Don't press out extra water from the tofu for this recipe; that way, the cheesy layer will remain moist and creamy. Serve with a green salad.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 428
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 22.2g
- Carbohydrate: 46.8g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 572mg
- Calcium: 607mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) package water-packed firm tofu, drained
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cups finely chopped red bell pepper (about 2 medium)
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cooking spray
- 12 cooked gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add white onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute or until golden. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, sugar, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, crushed red pepper, and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in basil and oregano. Cool.
- 3. Combine ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, tofu, egg, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor; process 10 seconds or until blended. Stir in green onions. Set aside.
- 4. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, zucchini, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; sauté 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- 5. Spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with 3 noodles. Spread 3/4 cup tomato mixture over noodles; top with 1 cup tofu mixture and 1 cup zucchini mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with noodles. Spread remaining 3/4 cup tomato mixture over top. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until bubbly; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes.
There are a variety of gluten-free pastas available. Most are made of corn, rice, quinoa, or buckwheat. Since these pastas lack wheat, which acts as a binder in traditional pasta, they cook differently and can get mushy quickly if overcooked. Reference the package when cooking each variety because cook times and procedures for the best results vary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note