- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) package water-packed firm tofu, drained
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cups finely chopped red bell pepper (about 2 medium)
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cooking spray
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 347
- fat 18 g
- satfat 6.2 g
- monofat 7 g
- polyfat 3.6 g
- protein 21.6 g
- carbohydrate 28.8 g
- fiber 5.3 g
- cholesterol 53 mg
- iron 8.1 mg
- sodium 543 mg
- calcium 595 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add white onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute or until golden. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, sugar, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, crushed red pepper, and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in basil and oregano. Cool.
Combine ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, tofu, egg, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor; process for 10 seconds or until blended. Stir in green onions. Set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, zucchini, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; sauté 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
Spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture in the bottom of a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with 3 noodles. Spread 3/4 cup tomato mixture over noodles; top with 1 cup tofu mixture and 1 cup zucchini mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with noodles. Spread remaining 3/4 cup tomato mixture over top. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until bubbly; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes.