I will definitely add garlic next time and maybe a little more salt or maybe try using a sharp cheddar; it was just a little bland but the salt seemed to do the trick!! Very filing though and good for being a healthy recipe.
Baked Two-Cheese Penne with Roasted Pepper Sauce
More From Health
Bake: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 570mg
- Rs: 2g
- 8 ounces dried whole wheat penne
- 2 tablespoons trans fat-free margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 ounce smoked Gouda, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek low-fat yogurt
- 1. Heat oven to 350ï¿½. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; add noodles, and cook 7 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium; add margarine, and cook until margarine melts. Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes until flour begin to brown. Stir in milk, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking well to ensure a smooth sauce. Stir in cheeses; whisk until completely melted. Stir in cooked noodles. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- 4. Top noodles with breadcrumbs; bake at 350ï¿½ for 20 minutes or until top begins to brown and cheese is bubbly.
- 5. While noodles bake, place roasted bell pepper and yogurt in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Drizzle over squares of baked noodles and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes