- 8 ounces dried whole wheat penne
- 2 tablespoons trans fat-free margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 ounce smoked Gouda, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek low-fat yogurt
- calories 420
- fat 14 g
- satfat 6 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 17 g
- carbohydrate 56 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 30 mg
- sodium 570 mg
- 2 g
How to Make It
Heat oven to 350ï¿½. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; add noodles, and cook 7 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium; add margarine, and cook until margarine melts. Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes until flour begin to brown. Stir in milk, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking well to ensure a smooth sauce. Stir in cheeses; whisk until completely melted. Stir in cooked noodles. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
Top noodles with breadcrumbs; bake at 350ï¿½ for 20 minutes or until top begins to brown and cheese is bubbly.
While noodles bake, place roasted bell pepper and yogurt in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Drizzle over squares of baked noodles and serve.