Baked Tomatoes Stuffed with Mozzarella
From How to Read a French Fry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 medium-to-large tomatoes
- balsamic vinegar
- 6 anchovy fillets, preferably salt-packed, rinsed well, and cut in
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 6 small fresh mozzarella balls (about 7 3/4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Slice 1/4 off the top of each tomato. Using melon baller, remove most of the seeds and pulp, being careful not to damage the walls of the tomatoes. Sprinkle the inside of each tomato with a few drops of balsamic vinegar, a dash of salt and a grinding of pepper. Do not oversalt. Cross the 2 halves of an anchovy fillet in the bottom of each tomato. Place a ball of mozzarella in each one. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and bake until the mozzarella softens, about 20 minutes. Do not let the tomatoes collapse). While the tomatoes are baking, combine the bread crumbs, garlic, and basil in a small bowl. When the mozzarella has begun to melt, turn the oven to broil Spoon the bread-crumb mixture over the tops of the tomatoes. Drizzle with oil and broil until the topping is browned. Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by skspillman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Tomatoes Stuffed with Mozzarella Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables