Very easy to make, and easy to double, triple, or quadruple to feed a crowd. I follow the recipe, but it would be a simple one to enhance for a special occasion.
Baked Three Cheese Tortellini With Tomato Cream Sauce
This casserole is the ultimate comfort food with the combination of cheese tortellini and tomato cream sauce. As one reviewer says, it is "easy to make, doesn't take long to cook, and tastes like you spent all day on it." What more could you want?
More From Southern Living Cooking School
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 1 (13-ounce) bag three cheese tortellini
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. Bring 6 qt. salted water to boil over high heat. Add tortellini, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and keep warm.
- 2. Bring marinara sauce to a light boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, and stir in cream. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Add tortellini, and toss to coat.
- 3. Grease an 11- x 7-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter. Pour tortellini mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and dot with remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note